Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Weekend in Winston-Salem

For Memorial Day weekend, we headed to a vintage car show in Winston-Salem.  This is the very same car show that Greg and Luke were at 2 years ago when they got the call that I'd gone in to labor.  (In his defense, my doctor assured him that nothing was going to happen this weekend and that he was free to leave the state.  I was on bedrest in the hospital and at only 24 weeks, no one expected a baby to come so soon.  So I encouraged him to go on his already-planned weekend trip). 

We've come so far since that day, so we thought it would be neat to travel back as a family to the very same car show:  http://atthevintage.com/
This was actually the first time Lucy had ever stayed in a hotel room.

And the first time all 4 of us slept in one room together.  Yikes.  Lucy ended up in the king-size bed with us.  It still wasn't big enough.

Cars lined up on the streets in downtown Winston-Salem.



Yellow is my favorite!

Luke had fun looking at all the cars.

And I had fun taking tons of pictures!
Love all the old buildings in downtown Winston-Salem.

Even Lucy had fun.  What a cutie pie!

Of course Greg had to buy a t-shirt and Luke had to buy a car!
Thankgoodness the beer was free!!
No kidding.  It really was!!  :)
There were 4 kinds to choose from, but the wheat one was my fave!! 
Then they found the town watering hole.
He was drenched by the end of it.
While the kids had fun at the car show, they much preferred playing in the pool at the hotel.
On Sunday, we left Winston-Salem and headed towards Asheville.  We stopped in Montreat for some play time at the park.
Silly girl.

Lake Susan
I love it ...  Luke is doing exactly what Mommy is doing ... taking pictures!!  :)

Next, we headed to Asheville for lunch at Sunny Point Cafe, my absolute FAVORITE place to eat in Asheville.  If you've never been, I HIGHLY recommend it!  You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

No comments: