Pages

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Drive In Movie Night

Despite the crazy hot temperatures, we thought it would be fun to watch a movie outside.  So we packed up and headed to the Parkway Theatre in Maryville.

(Yes, you read that correctly - 107 degrees outside.  That was about 5pm on Friday June 29th.  And no, my car wasn't sitting in the hot sun right before I took that picture.  It was actually parked in the parking garage all day.  When I turned the car on, it said 90 degrees and warmed up to 107 by the time I got home!!!)


All set up and ready to watch the movie.

The movie doesn't start until "dark", which at this time of the year is more like 9:30pm.  So if you take kids, be prepared!
We packed camping chairs, a blanket, pillows and jammies to change into when the movie started.  We also brought dinner, drinks and toys for the kids. I packed bug spray too, but surprisingly didn't need it at all.

The first movie wasn't over til after 11pm.  Lucy was asleep the minute we put her in the carseat.  The second movie started around 11:20pm, which was 'Snow White and the Huntsmen', but I wasn't about to stick around to watch it.

I said "Cheese", and this was the face I got.

This was our view.

So if you haven't been to a drive-in movie, I highly recommend it.  We had a really good time!
I wasn't super crazy about the new Pixar movie, 'Brave', though.  I thought it was lacking the depth that 'Toy Story' and 'The Incredibles' have.  I could watch those two movies over and over and over again.  'The Incredibles' never gets old. I don't see me ever wanting to watch 'Brave' again.

I found this review from another Blogger about why she didn't like 'Brave', and I really think she said it best.  I couldn't agree more:

No comments: